This chicken fried rice recipe takes 15 minutes to make. It’s absolutely delicious and everybody loves it- no doubt about that. Sometimes maybe you don’t know what to cook for dinner, this is it! It is better than your local take out fried rice AND healthier.
[U.S.A.] BUY MY WOK – https://amzn.to/2H6EeXC
[REST OF WORLD] BUY MY WOK – https://forms.gle/r2YBBgtZbCejToVk8
PRINTABLE RECIPE – https://soupeduprecipes.com/better-than-takeout-chicken-fried-rice-recipe/
**INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHICKEN FRIED RICE [serve 1-2]**
**For the chicken marinade**
– 150 grams of chicken
– 1 tsp of corn starch
– 1 tsp of soy sauce
– 1 tsp of vegetable oil
– a pinch of baking soda(NOT BAKING POWDER Sorry for the audio mistake in the video)
**FOR THE STIR FRYING**
– 2 eggs
– 3 tbsp oil
– 2 cups of cooked rice
– 1 tbsp of minced garlic
– 1/4 cup of red onion
– 1/3 cup of green beans
– 1/2 cup of carrot
– 1/4 cup of spring onion
**FOR THE SEASONING**
– 1 tbsp of light soy sauce [Pearl River Bridge Natural Brewed Light Soy Sauce: https://amzn.to/2TdlvOB]
– 2 tsp of dark soy sauce [Pearl River Bridge Superior Dark Soy Sauce: https://amzn.to/2Qbjapr]
– 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste
– pepper to taste
**HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN FRIED RICE**
– Cut the chicken into small pieces. Mix it with 1 tsp of corn starch, 1 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of vegetable oil and a pinch of baking soda. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
– Crack 2 eggs. Beat it well.
– Heat up the wok. Add about 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Give it a toss, so the bottom is coated nicely.
– Wait until there is smoke coming out. Pour in the egg. Will take about 30-50 seconds to get the it fluffy. Break it into small pieces and set it aside.
– Add more oil into the same wok. Heat it up and add in the chicken. Saute it about 1 or 2 minutes. Then push it to the side so you have room for the vegetables. Dump in all your veggies, which are 1 tbsp of minced garlic, 1/4 cup of onion, 1/3 cup of green beans and 1/2 cup of carrot. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
– When the onion should be transparent, Add some salt to taste. Mix it well.
– Take it out.
– Next is the rice. Loosen up the rice before frying.
– Turn on the gas to high, Heat up the wok for about 15 seconds. Then add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Put in the rice right after that. Use your spatula to break down the big pieces.
– You need to stir fry this for 3-5 minutes. Then add in our seasoning, 1 tbsp of light soy sauce, 2 tsp of dark soy sauce.
– Now you really got to mix this. Do it fast. Because the wok is hot, the liquid will evaporate quickly- then you will never get to mix it evenly. Once can not see white rice, add in all the ingredients. Veggies, meat, oh and the egg…
– Toss everything together. Give them about 2 minutes to be infused with each other.
– Add in the spring onion right before serving.
Hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, just post a comment.
…and if you’ve read this far, might as well subscribe. More recipes coming soon =)